9/25/11

I once believed I had died.

For several years after the occurrence, I had convinced myself and a few others that I had died for a short time and then 'came back', which I of course now realize is absolutely ridiculous and absurd, but as a child, as any child, the brain is still under development and can easily be corrupted and things can be skewed.


It was one summer up in camp in Canada, someone had firecrackers and was setting them off on cabin porches. I wasn't afraid of them, until unknowingly someone had set one off RIGHT BESIDE ME and it scared me so badly- my mind instantly jumped to the time I was in a car accident (which might have been earlier that year, or sometime more previous in the past- I can't quite recall). Although I was very claustrophobic at the time, I was so frightened that I hid under one of the beds, shaking and panting. Someone had set off another firecracker, but in the room, and it scared me even more. Like I had been right after the car crash, I was tired exhausted. I don't remember falling asleep, but I remember seeing blackness, then out of the blackness there was a triangle of light, and it began to grow larger and larger- until nothingness: when I woke up. But I don't remember waking up, I was just awake and aware all of a sudden, although it took me a few minutes to recollect what had happened. This is the truth, I must confess, I thought I had died, but now I realize how foolish that is. 


Au revoir, les amis.(:

No comments:

Post a Comment